Why Choose North Carolina for Retirement?
North Carolina is rapidly becoming one of the most popular states for retirement, and who can be surprised? This is a state made up of diverse environments, diverse people, and weather that's just right. Spend a weekend enjoying the Blue Ridge Mountains or take a day trip to the Outer Banks—where else can you go from feeling the sand between your toes to breathing in the clear mountain air in only a few hours?
Why Choose Clayton for Retirement?
Perfectly positioned just outside of Raleigh, NC, Clayton is the perfect community to call home for your retirement. Rich with the flavor of small town living, Clayton gives you the peace of mind and community with all the amenities and excitement of a big city. And since the Triangle is only minutes away, residents have access to everything Raleigh, Durham, and the surrounding area has to offer.
Tips for Downsizing
- Plan ahead: consider the size of your new home. Will your current furniture fit into the new space? If not, decide what to keep and what to part with.
- Value what you need: it's a good idea to think about which items you use everyday, once a week, once a year. Which ones are worth bringing with you?
- Get help: not sure if it should stay or if it should go? Ask a friend or neighbor for their opinion. They'll be able to view your possessions objectively and help you make smart choices.
- Out with the old: Host a garage sale or a yard sale to get rid of unneeded or unused items, or consider donating items to a charitable organization such as the Goodwill Foundation.
- Treat yourself: moving can be the perfect excuse to get rid of furniture, appliances, or other items that you don't love, but function just fine. This can be a great opportunity to replace them with items that have multifunctions, fit better in your new space, or simply that you like better!
Tips for Relocating
Moving to a new area brings with it all sorts of challenges. Here's a few ideas to make the moving process go as smoothly as possible:
- Use sturdy, reinforced boxes, and if packing fragile items, pack them with care.
- Consider using bubble wrap or other packing material for extra cushion and security.
- If you secure free boxes at your neighborhood supermarket or liquor store, just remember they are not reinforced.
- Mark fragile boxes so movers can identify them quickly and easily. Be sure you point out to your mover those boxes that contain high-value items and secure extra insurance for those items.
- Pack dishes, bowls, plates and other glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes.
- Label every box with both what's inside and the address of where it's going.
Discover Your Perfect Home
Ready to call Clayton, NC home? Your dream home is waiting right here at The Walk at East Village. You're sure to find everything you're looking for in an active living community. Let The Walk at East Village team help you choose the home that's right for you.